- 1st: Keep in mind, the purpose is to establish programs that ultimately benefit the children.
- 2nd: "Take it slow. Focus on progress, not on perfection." R. Warren pg. 137 The Purpose Driven Church.
- Be knowledgeable of the goals to which the survey responses will lead.
- Have a plan for follow up that might include:
- A little homework on the programs available under each goal so that you can use the responses effectively.
- Setting a goal(s) for using the gathered information & resources or
- Have a "Results of the Survey" mail out or
- Set a "Results" meeting or follow up meeting, date and place or
- Something else that suits your needs or a combination of these.
- Duplicate the petition forms and mail them out or distribute them to your volunteers and then collect the information.
- Be advised that a typical survey response by mail will generally range between 1%-2% anything over this amount indicates a very high interest level.
- Generally, information gathering by parents should be permitted on school property and by anyone on public property. If you anticipate resistance or experience discrimination read and print our Religious Guidelines that can be shown to the PS authority and/or contact Liberty Defenders for help. They can phone or write a letter explaining your rights to the authorities.
- If your "survey/petition subject" falls under a particular law or requires a specific process then get some help from legal council. The Liberty Defenders list should be your first contact because they might be able to solve it immediately and/or be able to refer you to someone locally.